Monday, July 30, 2012

Adventure on the River

The view from our campsite
This past weekend, my family, all six of us, when camping on the Coeur d' Alene river. Normally we stay in a campground called Big Hank, but, as it turns out, it was all full. So we took our trailer across the street and into the meadow. Where we were right on the river, instead of by it. Then we finished setting up our campsite. Teacher, my dad, and I set up our tent, and Teacher and I put millions of blankets on the floor, for padding, and we stuffed all our things in it.
Eagle getting ready
to fly fish
We spent the rest of the day, which was about four hours, doing nothing. It was great.  Eagle did, however, go fly fishing, where he proceeded to flood his waders, ruining his phone. When he got back from his adventure he told us about the beavers he saw (beavers are my favorite animals). I was SUPER excited about them.
So, I don't know if you know this, but nights right next to a river in the woods are cold. Really cold. And because of that, I woke up about five o'clock, freezing my toes off! All I had over me was my snuggie, and NO socks. So anyway, after laying there for half an hour, I realized I should put socks on and got back to sleep. Then I woke up a couple hours later, at nine.
Us floating in the river
Then we had breakfast, and later in the day, Teacher and YM and I put on our swimsuits, tied a rope across half of the river, tied our tubes to rope, and floated. It was fun. We did that for about an hour, we also ate ice cream while we floated.
The bugs there were RIDICULOUS! Everywhere you turned around there was a fly on some part of your body. They liked to land on my arms and legs. Needless to say, I liked to be inside the trailer.
Teacher is an airplane, YM has JAZZ HANDS!
After lunch, Dad, Teacher, YM, and I went on an adventure! We walked on the trail on the side of the river. At some points, the grass was taller then Teacher! (she is short though...) Dad went back a little less then halfway there so he could go fishing. We walked through tall grass, saw big patches of daisies, and walked through part of a creepy forest. When we reached the end of the trail, there were lots and lots of rocks. YM started to skip rocks. Only skip-able rocks though. :P
YM skipping rocks
The next day, Sunday, we woke up around nine, and sat around and did absolutely nothing. Mom and Dad went for a walk, Eagle was playing Pokemon, YM was skipping rocks, and Teacher and I were reading. Everyone was outside, it was a pretty relaxing morning, until the bugs got bad. So I  moved into the trailer, and then Mom and Dad got back, we ate lunch, and started picking up camp. We took down the tent, put the chairs away, threw away the garbage, loaded everyone into the cars, and left. We stopped for ice cream at a little gas station on the way, like we always do.
Overall, it was a much needed, much enjoyed weekend.

1 comment:

  1. How fun. I feel like I was there. So many fun camping days in my memory.

    ReplyDelete