Facing the necessary decisions that everyone has to make to get to adulthood is something I've looked forward to and dreaded at the same time for so many years. I would go through these periods of time where I would know exactly what I wanted to do after high school. Sometimes I'd want to be a teacher, other times I made up my mind to be a baker. In reality, the school system is not something I want to get mixed up in and I absolutely do not want to get up at ridiculous hours to bake cupcakes. It would ruin the fun for me, it's more of a hobby than something I want to do forever. But I don't want to be a hostess for the rest of my life either, so I have to decide something. Eventually.
Anyway, this past year has been the hardest year of my life. I have faced challenges that made me work harder than I thought I would. I also learned quite a bit, like how to draw a sin curve and what happened to the first settlers of America. And maybe those things won't help me in the future, but at least I know that I like history enough to not let my ridiculous history class ruin it for me.


This year was full of ups ands downs, for instance, my car broke, then was fixed, then broke, then was fixed, and then broke momentarily, and then was sold. I said goodbye to the beloved Pontiac and said hello to my new-to-me Ford. We're hoping the Ford will last longer than the Pontiac. I'm going to miss my little green machine, but I welcome the Raspberry with open arms. Arms which I might use to break the stereo system because it ate my cassette converter so I can only listen to the radio.



This year I had the opportunity to take a trip to Denver, CO with most of my yearbook class where we learned lots of stuff about journalism and the best ways to make a yearbook great. Our hotel was on the 16th Street Mall so we walked around that every day, eating at the restaurants there. We had fantastic pizza where I had meatballs as a topping for the first time. It was fantastic by the way. We also went to the Denver Art Museum where we walked around for hours looking at art ranging from old Indian to contemporary. On the last day of our trip we went to the Denver Aquarium and saw otters, turtles, lots of fish, and a tiger. Yep, you read that right, a tiger at the aquarium. Our male teacher had to put up with twelve girls who couldn't make up their minds and a guy who was so indifferent to everything that he didn't even do half the things we wanted to do. But it was a great adventure and we all learned a lot!
Mother's Day weekend rolled around and we packed our bags, loaded up the car, and headed to Seattle. Eagle's graduation was that weekend, which reminds me that I need to come up with a new name for him, so we met him and his wife and picked up RC at the airport, and for the first time in a long time, our whole family was together. We watched him graduate and then went to Zeke's Pizza for, well, pizza, and festivities. The next day was Mother's Day so we went to Eagle and his wife's apartment and we made breakfast and walked on a slack line, which I was not very good at.
Even though I had a hard time with all the school work, it paid off when I got a little letter from NIC inviting me to a ceremony acknowledging juniors in the top ten percent of schools in Idaho. It was pretty awesome to be presented with a medal that told me my hard work was worth it. Earlier in the year I also received and academic letter that I'm probably going to put on a letterman's jacket to tell the world how much of a nerd I am.
I'm excited for the summer and I'm excited to see what happens next! Stay Classy.

No comments:
Post a Comment