Teacher and I are baking more and more lately, with our parents lifegroup at our house, we bake something delicious every Thursday. Things like apple cider cupcakes, and chocolate spice cupcakes; you'd think I'm trying to make myself fat! But I'm not, so don't worry.My mom's boss's dog had puppies recently, they are the cutest little things I've ever seen in my whole life. I love them so much, and one (maybe two) will be mine. They are about three weeks old now, and they melt my heart.
Books are ridiculous. Ridiculously good. I'm reading this new one called Into Thin Air, it's about this writer for a magazine that climbs Mount Everest and descends in the middle of the worst storm it's ever seen. Meanwhile I'm trying to read The Hobbit, which I told you about last time, I think I've read maybe ten pages since the last post. It doesn't help that the move comes out next month, even though I don't have to read all of it, because they're making the movie into three parts.My brother and his girlfriend came home last weekend. It was a blast. We saw the CYT play Beauty and the Beast (which was FANTASTIC!), we played Quelf, built a snowman, and had a snowball fight. Eagle definitely got snow all over the stairs. It was a wonderful weekend.
When I said school was going better than expected, I meant it. The class I thought I would hate I don't hate so much anymore, Deutsch ist prima! (German is great), but the best thing about this year had been climbing club. YM (who needs a new name because he's not a young marine anymore) and I have been going every Tuesday for three weeks to the local rock wall. We have been belay certified, which means we know how to stand on the ground and be in charge of the rope holding the other person in the air; now that I know how to do this, I won't drop anyone like I did to HWDNHANBITLTTOO. (he who does not have a name because I'm too lazy to think of one).
About that story that I've been writing, well it's finished except for editing, so it's not even close to being finished. What you find in this link: Pirates! is basically the plot line, it still needs more detail, definitely some revising. If you haven't read the whole thing, don't go on to read the beginning of Pirates 2: The Confrontation, which is after Pirates! If you read it please leave comments with your thoughts or suggestions. (There should be a cover for the story soon)
Nothing really new has been going on it my life other than that. I've been pretty busy with school and working my one day a week.
No comments:
Post a Comment