Saturday, October 27, 2012

Autumn Time!

I have been waiting for this time of year since last year. The smells, the rain, the long sleeves, all my favorite. I love to wear scarves and jackets and sweatshirts. And I love what comes with the season.
The way my house smells and the things I get to bake. The other day I made hot chocolate cupcakes with buttercream frosting and sprinkled with cinnamon. They were fantastic. A while ago I made some apple cider cupcakes, and my brother kept telling me I needed to make those again, so some more of those are in my near future.
Plus, We took all of the pears and apples from the trees in our back yard and turned them into apple butter, apple sauce, and pear butter. We spent a day altogether pealing and chopping fruit.
Now we have a plethora of amazing tasting autumn time foods.
I've recently had a burst of writing inspiration. My newest story is about a pirate named Scary Dave (frightening, right?) who meets this fantastic woman that gets him away from the pirate life and shows him a different way to live. Hopefully you'll think it's as good as I do. You can check out the beginning of it here. I'm trying to write as much as I can but mostly it's written on paper, so I'll try to update it as often as I can.
The weather's been rainy this past week, which is good and bad. Good because now I have an excuse to stay inside in sweatpants, reading, writing, or watching TV. Bad because my father cannot make me a bookshelf. I've been after him and after him to make me a bookshelf for my plethora of books, and now that the weathers bad, he has no place to do it. I recently collected many books that are in need of reading. On top of that, I have to read  books for English, which is ridiculous because now I don't have time to read books I want to.
On the plus side I am finally reading Hound of the Baskervilles by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle. It is one of the best books I've ever read; a suspenseful mystery about Sherlock Holmes and Dr. John Watson is always welcome. I literally couldn't put it down the other night and I read WAY past my bedtime (don't tell my parents :P). I keep telling my mom I want to read the other Holmes' mysteries, but I have so many other books to read. I need to finish The Hobbit, I need to read Frank Peretti's new book Illusion. It's exhausting. :P
School's going well, boys are still stupid. You now have an update on my life.

1 comment: