Sunday, September 16, 2012

Not so Bad: an update

After the events of the first week of school, I was not looking forward to anything this school had to offer. But now that I'm starting my third week of school tomorrow, I'm realizing it probably won't be that bad. The class the counselor put me in, History of Sports and Entertainment, really isn't as bad as I thought it would be. We just finished learning about Vince Lombardi, a famous NFL coach, and before this year, I'd never even heard of him. I just finished writing a paper about him. In this class we'll learn more about football, baseball, and basketball. I wasn't looking forward to learning about sports, but then my dad told me, "Look at it this way, you'll be one of those girls that knows the rules of football, and you can be watching football with guys and say, 'I know who invented that rule,' and they'll find that really attractive." And I thought, I guess that could be a good thing, once the guys that like football mature a little. So this semester shouldn't be that bad.
My German class is also fantastic! I love learning a new language. Even though I had to lose a class to get there, I'm glad I did. We've learned the alphabet, numbers, and important phrases, such as, Ich heiβe Brigitte. Which means I am called Brigitte (Brigitte is my German name).
The only problem with these last couple weeks has been the weather. I'm ready for winter; snuggling up with a blanket, a book, and hot chocolate. I want to be able to wear a jacket all day and then throw snowballs at my brothers. And then I get to watch White Christmas and other holiday movies with my sister. Unfortunately it's only supposed to get hotter as the week goes on.
OH, AND GUESS WHAT! My birthday's next month! And if you were wondering what to get me, a Hastings gift card would suffice, or anything Doctor Who or Psych (I'm a little bit of a nerd, just in case you didn't know). Books are also a good idea, I don't really know what books I want, I have so many I need to read, I like mysteries. There's also this really cool jigsaw puzzle cookie cutter, which actually cuts the cookies into puzzle pieces (that fit together), it's the bomb.
I've also been sick this last week. I had a really bad sore throat and stayed home from school Thursday. Now I'm all stuffed up and the right side of my throat hurts, weird right? I've been taking airborne but if anyone has any suggestions on how to get well soon, they are gladly welcomed.
So I'm expecting the week to go well, I'm excited for Psych to start next month (hopefully), I'm excited for my birthday, and I'm ready to face the week!

1 comment:

  1. You are going to love your present from me. just thought I would taunt you with that again. It is amazing. Just saying :D
    Glad to hear school is going better, I didn't wanna hafta drive home and beat somebody up. That could have been messy ;)
    And when I get home for Christmas break, you can bet there will be plenty of snowballs thrown, you won't know what hit you... well... yes you will... snow.... :P
    Anyway, hope school goes as well as you hope, try not to have TOO much fun tho, it is school after all ;)

    ReplyDelete