Monday, December 3, 2012

December

    So it's officially December. Which means I can listen to Christmas music and not be ridiculed! And, as you can see, the blog is now Christmas themed!
    Christmas movies have already started airing on the Hallmark channel, so consequently I've been sucked into the cheesy, predicableness that is Hallmark.And that's not necessarily a problem.   The problem is how not everyone at home is in the mood for Christmas. Tonight we watched a movie called A Star for Christmas, and it was possibly the cheesiest, stupidest Christmas movie I have ever seen. But we watched it anyway, and I can safely say that Ion Television does not do very good Christmas movies. We've started slowly decorating the house, but there's still no tree, no garlands, no wreaths, and no lights. It looks like we have lots to do. 
    It's hard to get into the Christmas spirit when there's no snow, and unfortunately it's not supposed snow all next week. As I look outside all I see is dark and it's only four thirty. The downside to winter. 
    The weirdest thing about December is that my sister, Teacher, is graduating. FROM COLLEGE! That's crazy! When she left for college I was ten. TEN! that's a hard thing for a fifth grader to go through; and now she's home all the time for the first time in four years. Her graduation is next weekend, and it's a little freaky to think that it's only been four years since my big sister left on an unknown journey. But now she's back, and we talk about things like sister are supposed to do.
    Anyway, because it's almost Christmas, I've been thinking about presents. Today I made cards with Teacher and I STILL have ink on my hands from the stamps. But thinking about what to get people is hard. Today I realized how hard my friends are to shop for. So I came to the conclusion I'm making them things, this Christmas is entirely hands on. Sort of. I mean, it's not like I have anything better to do. :P
    School lately has been just that: school. No other words can describe it. I'm ready for it to be done, but then they tell me I've got three more full years of this! And I cry a little inside. Okay, no I don't. But the people in high school are just ridiculous, I can't walk down the hall without hearing the f-word, and I know, welcome to high school right? But then I hear people that I went to elementary school with cussing and talking about their "relationship" problems. I mean come on, you're a freshman, why are you even worried about a relationship right now? Anyway, those people that I thought would be the actual cool people, (not the fake cool people) turned into the fake cool people, and it makes me sad to think that if I kept hanging out with them, that could have been me. Luckily I chose God and am not making decisions like that. I stuck with my personality, and fortunately, I'm too nerdy for them to hang out with.
    Boys are so much better in books. Literally (do you see what I did there? XP). The ones at my school are either cussing, too nerdy, or not nerdy enough. And I'm not looking for a relationship, but being friends with guys would be nice. I can't find any that are normal enough but still the right amount a geek for me to get along with. It really is exhausting, well not really, but still. AND then there's the guys that try too hard to impress you. I mean come ON boys, just be yourself and the girls with show up eventually.
    Sorry for the ranting, but if you made it this far you're cooler than the people that didn't. It's definitely time for bed. 

3 comments:

  1. So basically this entire post just made me smile. Thanks for the study break.

    "Luckily I chose God and am not making decisions like that. I stuck with my personality, and fortunately, I'm too nerdy for them to hang out with."

    THIS is one of the reasons that you're the coolest Mimi :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hang in there Mimi, and one day you can be like Rylie here, go off to college and find prince charming there, just the right amount of geek, just the right amount of adventurous, and just the right amount of normal ;) but until then, boys are stupid, throw rocks at them...unless they are your brothers, then hug them :P

      Delete
  2. Mimi, how interesting that your thoughts about high school boys are the same thoughts I had back in the dark ages. So immature, so weird, so show-offy. When I was in the 9th grade (which was high school way back when), I made up my mind that boys my own age weren't worth anything more than just being a friend. It was then that I determined that "older" guys were more interesting, more refined, more gentlemanly. Once I determined what I wanted, I never dated anyone my own age again. Maybe we're more alike than we ever knew.

    ReplyDelete