Saturday, June 9, 2012

Pre-Trip

I'm leaving for Washington D.C. tomorrow! Ah! I'm super excited and really nervous.
I finished packing, I have my carry on all ready to go, and all the money I need. But I'm so nervious. It hasn't really sunk in that I'm going to a whole different part of America tomorrow. The East Coast is NOT the Northwest, that's for sure. The farthest I've ever been from home is Arizona, and that's not remotely as far as DC. I guess it makes it easier knowing my best friend is going to be there to endure all of my panic. So Dancer, if you're reading this, I just want to say sorry in advance if I'm an idiot while we're there. I know as soon as I get there, I'll be fine and I'll have a blast. I promise lots of pictures when I get back and lots of stories of the fun times I had.
Another thing that hasn't hit me yet is that school just got out. Yesterday was my last day at that silly school. Maybe it's because the weather's been crappy or the lack of Facebook posts, but I feel like I have to go to school on Monday and I need to go finish my homework. But then I realize that I'll be in DC on Monday, getting up at 6:30 local time (which is 3:30AM here). For the second to last day of school, we all walked to the fairgrounds for a party. We played some weird games, ate weird food, and had a blast on all of the bouncy structures. OH! And the photobooth! that, I think, was the best part! 
As you can see: the best part
I'm gonna miss this kid.

We're amazing. 'nuff said
I have a feeling this is going to be a great summer. (knock on wood :P)

Now for some bad news. Last week, on Saturday, we had to put our dog down. Bogie was the greatest, funniest, stupidest dog I've ever met. She was sick for a while and it was hard for her to breathe, but that doesn't make it any easier. She was always happy to see you and was always wagging her tail. Sometimes I think I hear barking and whining, or, when I go outside, expect to see a happy chocolate lab staring at me, hoping I have food.
It's hard for me to realize that she's really gone. I'm miss her so much already. But because she was happy dog, I'm choosing to be happy she lived as long a she did. 


Well, tomorrow is the beginning of an amazing week, and I couldn't be full of more conflicting emotions if I wanted to!

No comments:

Post a Comment