Sunday, March 16, 2014

The Future

Woo, it's been a while since I last updated my blog! Nothing to talk about until now I guess. As you can see by the title I have been thinking about my future a lot lately. The counselors came in to talk about our classes for next year and I've had to think and think and decide fairly quickly what I want to do. I am doing yearbook this year and I love it so much, I wish I could do it every year; but with the requirements I have to meet to graduate I can't take it next year. So consequently I've been a little sad about it. I have to take a computer class next year or my senior year, and apparently yearbook is not a computer class even though everything we do is on the computer, but oh well. So I signed up to take photography next year to get the requirement, which means no yearbook. :(

I have also been seriously considering doing duel credit next year. I would take college level classes at the high school for college and high school credit. I can take English from the University of Idaho for the discounted price of something like $600 and history and communications for $65 per credit through North Idaho College. This would be wonderful if I wasn't worried it could possible interfere with the other classes I want to take, like German 3.

Then I was talking with my mom and half joking that I could take one semester of photography to fulfill the requirement and transfer into yearbook second semester. I would do that if it didn't have the potential to rearrange my entire second semester schedule. It could also interfere with duel enrollment classes that might only be offered one time a day. I told the yearbook teacher that I was joking about it, and he said that he would allow that for me if I could make it work. That lead me to think that maybe I should wait to do duel credit until my senior year so I wouldn't have to worry about the second semester classes being messed up. It would work perfectly if the period I have photography could be replaced with whatever period yearbook is so only two classes are different, but I highly doubt that will work. (If any of this made sense to you then you get a high-five!)

My German teacher is also taking a group of students to Europe the summer of 2015. The trip starts in London and goes through Paris and then through Northern and Southern Germany. It would be fantastic if it wasn't through a tour company and it was one thing after another just like my New York/ D.C. trip. I also would like to spend more time in London than the trip is offering and do other things in France. So the conclusion that I have arrived at is that I will wait another year, when I graduate, and save up some more money so I can go with some friends and hopefully family to do more of what we want to do. The biggest problems with that is that I've never planned my own trip before and I want to do too much stuff in Europe, unless I'm there for a month and have unlimited money. In order to save up for this trip I'm going to have to get a job, but I'm going to apply to the restaurant my sister worked at last summer and probably the discount theater in town (wish me luck!).

Even more for the future! (Wow I didn't realize I had this much to think about) There is a journalism camp in Boston (that's right, Boston, Massachusetts), it's an all expense paid trip if you get accepted. I'm about to apply. I got the best letter of recommendation from the yearbook teacher that I have to send to the organization, so that should boost my chances of being accepted. It's during the end of July so I would still be here for my bro's wedding (which is another thing happening in the future).

As you can tell I have a lot of decisions to make it what feels like such a short amount of time because duel enrollment registration begins in April I think, which is next month. Isn't this year just flying by?
Luke
Lottie


Super Bowl Cupcakes!
Future Sister-in-Law and me trying on expensive dresses for fun.
Stay Classy

No comments:

Post a Comment