Saturday, November 9, 2013

Winter is Coming

Well folks, it's nine in the morning on a Saturday. And I'm awake drinking coffee with the dogs laying on the floor next to me. There's something about being alone that makes you reflect on yesterday, last week, the whole year.

I've been driving, taking too many advanced classes, and doing a lot of puzzles (boring right?). Wrong. This school year so far is already better than last year. Despite the troubles in the beginning, like my locker changing combinations all by itself in the middle of the school day (that was fun) and the late nights finishing English projects (which isn't going to stop any time soon), this year is going to get better.

I haven't had a lot of time for doing things I want to do, I feel like I'm always busy with homework and other obligations, but today I'm going to sit in my pajamas as long as I want, catch up on T.V. shows, maybe finish a puzzle, play some video games, and maybe I'll bake a delicious treat with my sister.

The weather outside is frightful, but my coffee is so delightful, and since I've no place to go, let it snow, let it snow, let it snow! 
-by Miranda

This week we've had a flurry of different weather. We had rain, snow, and sun all in the course of a few hours. But let me tell you, I'm ready for snow, all day, every day. But it's only the beginning of November, so I'll have to wait a few more weeks for good snow. So in the meantime I can drink lots of hot drinks and wear too many layers in anticipation; I mean, really, what else is there to do?  

Also I turned 16. I don't know what the big hype is about when you turn 16. I mean, what can you really do? Drive at night (if you have a licence)? Ride a moped on the streets? It didn't seem that important to me, it's just another number. But my birth day itself was pretty fun, I came home from school and found one of those balloon things that's attached to piece of cement or something on the kitchen table from my lifegroup leader. That seriously made my day (I'd never gotten one of those before). Also, since it was a Friday, we went to church. Saturday night we had birthday pie, which is better than birthday cake, by the way. Yesterday one of my good friends had her 16th birthday party, I couldn't go, but it looked like a blast. But I wouldn't change what I did for my birthday for a second. Spending it with family was the best thing. 

Well guys, it's time to go do those things I said I would do, you know, being lazy. 
Schweitzer in the summer


One of the biggest maple trees I have ever
seen, at Canfield Mountain

Coeur d'Alene Lake
Also Coeur d'Alene Lake


 Stay classy, wear fake mustaches.

No comments:

Post a Comment