Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Inspiration

We are all inspirations. Whether we know it or not. Someone, somewhere, looks up to you. Now I know what you're thinking. Surely no one is looking up to ME. Well that's what I thought. Until today. In class today a girl, who hasn't been paying attention, sets this folded up piece of paper on my desk. First of all it's important to understand this girl isn't the best student, she takes naps during class, doesn't do her work, and it's very respectful. I look at her questioningly, but she looks away before we make eye contact. The first thing that goes through my mind was that this was for someone else, but it didn't have a name on it, so I unfold it.
It reads:


I look up to you... I know it sounds weird but I watch you everyday and you just amaze me how nice and kind and responsible you are. Please don't change cause I need you as an example to me. Thank you.

P.S. You're beautiful


My day was made, and needless to say, I was speechless. Someone was looking up to me; someone I never thought would. I never thought I was the best example, surely there are better people than me. But this girl chose me.

I've heard more times than I can count, whether it be at church or school, that someone looks up to me. I never believed it. But if I did something stupid or irresponsible, I could impact her life, and possibly others', in a negative way. So here's a reminder, YOU ARE SOMEONE'S INSPIRATION. Someone, somewhere thinks you're really cool.

2 comments:

  1. i think you're really cool too.

    that girl picked a good person to look up to :) but don't put so much pressure on yourself that you don't feel like it's okay to mess up every once in a while. you're only human, and acknowledging that will make you even more relatable and real to this other girl.

    you are amazing. and you are going to do great things. and i am so proud of this person that you have become. i just love you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Natalie-- that girl chose a good person to look up to. It's so cool to hear that she noticed that you're different from everybody else... and obviously in a really good way. It's kind of crazy how we affect people we don't even talk with regularly.
    You're cool. Stay that way:)

    ReplyDelete